Candle Tips, Tricks & Safety
Our candles are handcrafted in small batches to ensure optimum freshness and quality. Not all soy wax is created equal! We have done extensive research to find what we believe to be the best soy wax on the market and while it is almost double to price of other soy waxes your health is our primary concern. Our soy wax is grown sustainably, non GM and is free from petrochemicals, pesticides and herbcides.
We create our candles with premium soy wax, cotton (lead free wicks) and 100% pure essential oils to make our candles.
Some tips to make your candles to make the most of your candle:
- For the first use, allow your candle to burn approximately 1 hour per inch diameter of the candle. Soy wax candles retain a memory and this will avoid the candle "tunneling".
- To ensure even burning and avoid excess smoke from the candle, trim the wick to approximately 6mm prior to each burn.
- Burn for up to 4 hours each use.
- Always burn within sight. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep out of reach of pets and children or flammable household items.
- Place on a stable, heat resistant surface.
- Position candle out of drafts to ensure optimum burning and best distribution of scent.
- Wait until the candle has completely cooled before replacing the lid or moving
- Discontinue use when candle reaches 5-10mm from base of container.
- Recycle / Reuse. Our jars are designed to be repurposed after your candle has finished. Gently scrape any remaining wax out of the jar and dispose of the same way you would household oils. Do not put down the sink please! Wash in warm soapy water and the container will be ready to use
- Our candles are handmade and as such will have natural variations. This is normal and not a flaw.